Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Grandma and Grandpa's House


This will probably be the last time I come to this place. Although we lived far away from here my entire childhood, some of my best childhood memories are from here. The Blazin family and heritage are a great blessing to me. This is a happy family, and a family who knows how to give and love. There is rarely discord. Not because there aren't any problems or hardships, but because love of family always prevails. I wish I could include here all of the stories about my grandparents that have influenced my life and the way I am. They were incredible people. Grandma Blazin (Mary Martindale Blazin) passed away on Tuesday last week. Today we leave Castro Valley after a funeral weekend filled with some tears but mostly joy, memories, and laughter. Grandma joins Grandpa who passed away a year ago last December just after their 70th wedding anniversary. There is no tribute fitting enough to honor the love and life of these two. 









No comments:

Post a Comment